The Great Escape Part 1 - A Fictional Adventure

Hey! So this post is a bit different than most of my other ones. I have decided to start writing a fun fictional story through my blog. Every two months, I will post one part of the story on the first day. First in February, then April, and so on. So fasten your seat belts, and get ready for the first-ever part of The Great Escape!

    

    Katie Hayes-Journal entry 01: The future seems to come faster and faster as I get older. Some days I feel like I have big plans for my life, and some days I don’t even want to think about what I’m going to have for breakfast. Sometimes I wish my life was quieter. More peaceful, easy, and simple. Sounds perfect, doesn’t it? NO! Of course not! Simple, easy, what am I thinking? Just imagine what life would be like if I were an agent for the FBI!            

    “Hayes!” the commander shouted at me.

    “Yes ma’am!” I answered back, running down the dark hallway of the underground headquarters.

    “I need you and your team to go investigate the murder downtown. Rumor has it that our arch-nemesis, Dr. Afbatan was the killer.”

    “Yes ma’am!” I answered again. I ran back to my bunk and grabbed my gun and a few top-secret files. Then I called my team of ten agents on my super-scanner 3000 and had them assemble at the entrance of the tunnel where I met them.     

    “Alright,” I said. “On my count. One, two, three!” 

    “Ahhhh!!!” we all shouted, charging to our above-ground weapons depot. We reached the depot, and I called one of my agents to punch in the code. 

    “O’Brien!” I shouted.

    “Y-yes agent Hayes?” a quivering voice came through the crowd as agent Sarah O'Brien stepped forward.

    “That’s ma’am to you. I need you to put in the code so we can open this depot. 

    “Yes, ma’am,” she answered, her voice still shaky. She frantically tapped on the keypad, and within three seconds, the door was open. We all headed inside.   

    “Over here!” I called, leading my team to our largest vehicle. 

    “A tank?!” agent Giroux asked. 

    “Quiet, Kayla,” I shouted. And get back in line!” A straight expression fell across her face, and she quickly stepped back into her position. We all climbed into the enormous tank, and I directed another one of my agents to drive. 

    As we blazed down the middle of the road, I pulled out my super-scanner 3000 and contacted the commander. 

    “Hello, agent Hayes, is everything going as planned?”

    “Yes,” I answered. “We are currently driving down sycamore lane at 300km an hour. Do you have any news for me?”

    “I do. I have  just received word that our arch-nemesis, Dr. Afbantan is still in town, and he has a sidekick, Alfred Canabonk.”

    “Wow,” I said. But hearing the noise around me, I hung up. “Quiet!” I shouted. “We’re here.”   

    Everyone spilled out of the tank, like gumballs in a broken machine. “Come on,” I said, grabbing the ultra XS super-duper blaster 10,000 as I hopped out. I directed a few of my agents to lead the way. - Just in case. 

    Agent Hobbins knocked on the door of the house we were sent to investigate. No one answered. Agent Bosman, who was standing next to her, pushed on the door. It creaked open, and we slowly filed in. 

    “Spider,” Agent Chapman said, causing Agents Pratt and Poulmen to run out the door screaming. 

    “Ugh, quit messing around, Chapman.” I was about to tell her to go back to the tank when we spotted the body. 

    “Bimm, Isaacs, check for fingerprints,” I directed my agents. 

    “Ryder Watson, Age 22,” Agent Isaacs reported, putting her scanner back into her pocket. 

    “Okay, take care of him,” I told them. Suddenly, we heard a scream from outside. I rushed out the door, only to find my agents lying flat on the ground. Agent Caleb Rogers followed me outside, and as he knelt down to check their pulse, he noticed a small device sitting neatly beside Agent Pratt. 

    “Huh, what’s this?” he said to himself. But as he lifted it to his face, a small bullet shot at him, causing him to collapse onto the others. 

    “Ugh, what do they teach these agents in training school?” I said to myself. The rest of my team slowly stepped out of the house and climbed back into the tank. 

    It was a very quiet drive back to the headquarters. We hadn’t discovered anything new, and it looked as though we may have lost even more lives. 

    As we arrived, I called on agent O’Brien to punch in the code again, then instructed the rest of my team to get back to their regular activities. 

    I raced back to my own bunk and created a board with any clues I could come up with. Suddenly, a knock sounded at my door. I opened it, and there he stood: A very tall man with black skin and black hair shaved into a mohawk.

    “Katie Hayes, I have a message for you,” he said, handing me a small piece of paper. Then he grabbed the handle and slammed the door shut. I immediately opened the door again, but he was nowhere to be seen. I opened the carefully folded note and stared down at it for a few seconds. It was a hit list. - The names of people who had been killed, or who were going to be killed. I saw the names of my three agents who had been hit, along with Ryder Watson’s. Then I felt a cold shiver float down my spine as I looked further down the list. My name was on it. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading Habits

Sing 2 - A Movie Review